Re: Survey of list on the Unified Social XG Charter (Feedback

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:16:16 -0500
Cc: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>, Tim Anglade <tim.anglade@af83.com>, "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ksankar@cisco.com>, Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>, Mauro Nunez <mauro@w3.org>, Ann Bassetti <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Miquel Martin <miquel.martin@nw.neclab.eu>, Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com>, www-archive@w3.org, danbri@danbri.org
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>

Le 26 févr. 2009 à 23:33, Harry Halpin a écrit :
> Again, to re-iterate, I think the main issue here is how many
> deliverables to put in the charter [1]. If I chair, I would *not*
> accept to have more than a ten deliverables, even with a huge group.
> I would be almost unwilling to accept more than 5. We had three
> deliverables for GRDDL,
> which also had a year  length, and that took a lot of work from a
> fairly dedicated team of about 10-15 people and a devoted staff
> contact.

If we have a group of 10 persons. I bet there will be around 2 to 3
persons really doing the hard core work. The rest commenting, replying
a few emails. It's very rare when people, even with very good will,
find the time.

Ask yourself, are you ready to spend half to a full day a week to work
on this. That is clear and simple. 5 to 10 hours a week.

Harry is just being realistic. If in the end we have more time in our
hands. Coool! it means we will be able to do more. But starting being
too ambitious and we will not achieve anything.

What I really want to [see][3] is how many people are ***already
working*** on what we are discussing and Collecting examples of things
happening right now in the business world online.

[3]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009Feb/0073

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada