W3C communities and its modus operandi

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:42:04 -0500
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Hi Bijan,

Le 25 févr. 2009 à 08:02, Bijan Parsia a écrit :
>  It doesn't seem to me that the W3C has an Audit Board which tries
> to analyze failures and draw lessons from them. That could be a very
> helpful thing.

Disclaimer: I have been working at W3C, as an employee,  from 2000 to
2008.

The W3C doesn't have an audit board, because it has its full
community: The public, the members and the staff. And seriously, the
Process document and work practices have evolved depending on the
pushes of the community as large. The W3C is in perpetual evolution
and that is healthy and it learns from its mistakes.

I don't claim, it is perfect, but the claim above seems completely
unjustified.

Best Regards

--
Karl Dubost