Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-02-06

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:57:40 -0800
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Feb 5, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Sam,
>> This message does not rise to the standards of civility you are
>> trying to set. Dave was trying to outline the issues in a
>> constructive way, and your response is hostile and snarky (for
>> instance implying cleverly that he should be ignored).
>> Regards,
>> Maciej
>
> Maybe it's my lack of command of the English language, or maybe
> you're just reading something into Sam's statement that just isn't
> there.
>
> I found it well-written, don't see any hostility, but I do see an
> opinion (which Sam *is* allowed to have, isn't he?).

I took Sam's comment, "I agree with the suggestion you close your
email with", as referring to "Hope that helps;  feel free to ignore me
if not...", particularly in light of the generally negative light it
casts on things. Which would not be a very nice thing to say. Maybe
that's not what he meant, or maybe he said it in haste, which is why
my message was on www-archive and not public-html or public-html-wg-
announce.

Sam is indeed allowed to have and express an opinion as long as it
does not interfere with impartially managing the work of the group.

Regards,
Maciej