[Fwd: author view of HTML 5 spec - static copy]

attachment seems to be too big for public-html...

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:26:52 -0500
  • Subject: author view of HTML 5 spec - static copy
  • To: public-html@w3.org
Ian added markup and style stuff to hide or highlight
the implementation-specific parts of the HTML 5 spec.

I don't think we've managed to make it available
in the w3.org versions to date, plus it takes
some heavy CSS lifting in the browser.

So thanks to Geoffrey and James and company, I learned a
little bit about the build tools and
made a static copy:

multipage version:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/multipage/Overview.html

single page version:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/multipage/spec.html

(the note on the cover page has the links reversed; I'm not
sure what's up with that).

If you want to see how the sausage is made:
  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/Makefile

In the process, the spec splitter tool reported a number
of unresolved fragment links; these seem to be links from
the author view into the implementation view. Ian and I
chatted about just removing those links. I did a quick
audit and I'm not sure how much is lost in the process.

I gotta head out for the day, so I'm attaching the diagnostics,
in case anybody else wants to take a look.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E