Re: conformance checker for HTML+ARIA?

Aaron M Leventhal wrote:
> W3C can use a multi-pronged solution:
> 1. Short term: create new DTD and ask W3C to host it. It can be
> considered "beta" for now.  It needs to include HTML 4 + tabindex
> changes (allow negative numbers and on any element) + WAI-ARIA.
The prose of HTML 4.01 is explicit as to the values allowed. A DTD
claiming to be HTML 4.01 should not add laxness to allow additional
non-conforming values to be valid.
> 3. Long term: W3C needs to develop a strategy around what validation
> really means in the age of dynamic content.  Getting around validation
> by inserting content via script is happening. I'm seeing developers
> recommend that ARIA is inserted dynamically onload, just for that
> reason. Seems not to be useful.
This has been happening for as long as I've been involved in the WWW
(over a decade). Validation is a tool, if authors don't use it properly,
they aren't going to get its benefits. It's their loss more than anyone
else's.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/