Re: Forcing Compatibility Mode in Opera

Karl Dubost wrote:
>> Using Opera, in opera:config, set "CompatMode Override" to 2, which
>> forces standards mode for everything.
>
> Thanks. I have done it. I'm still looking for a site which breaks,
> though I went through some with really bad code. But nothing broke so far.
>
> Could you recommend a few?

Google.com breaks a little bit.  The Advanced Search, Preferences and
Language Tools links are wrongly aligned.  Though, I was told in IRC
that a lot of the problems are related to JavaScript and DOM APIs,
rather than just layout issues.

It was also suggested to me to just go sequentially through the links on
a site like reddit.com or digg.com, which will give you a range of
diverse and relatively popular sites.  But the problem is, quite a lot
of sites do use standards mode these days anyway (especially the ones I
tend to visit), and a manual search will be quite time consuming.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/