Re: The HTML5 process is fair

Dean Edridge wrote:

>>> The important thing to note here is that he doesn't discuss changes
>>> to the spec privately, meaning he makes all decisions publicly.
>>
>> That makes it sound as if these private conversations are indeed one-way.
>

> I know that there aren't any private conversations because he's told me
> he wont discuss anything with me off list, it's as simple as that. The

Do we really need this discussion?

This shows that *you* don't have private conversations with him.

As far as I can tell, he *does* have private conversations with others,
and I think he just confirmed that over on the public-html mailing list
(while discussing requirements for click tracking).

> reason I asked him to was because, as you know, discussing XHTML on
> public-html has led to arguments in the past. So I ended up discussing
> things with some of the guys that hang out on #whatwg instead.
>
> I think you're looking at this the wrong way, just list the things that
> you're not happy with, see if you can come up with some proposed
> solutions, then discuss them with Ian, Dan, Chris or Mike.

*Instead* of the mailing list?

Best regards, Julian