Re: Publishing Offline Web Applications

Hi Anne,

> @2008-05-29 00:38 +0200:
>  On Thu, 29 May 2008 00:15:23 +0200, Jules Clement-Ripoche <jules@w3.org>
>  wrote:
> > As it seems to be a first public working draft, I think I'll also need the
> > domain leader (Chris Lilley) approval for publication and the shortname.
>
>  Actually, it's a Working Group Note. When I looked at the requirements
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=wg-note-tr

That link doesn't seem to be the correct one. As far as I can see,
if we've not published this document in TR space at all before,
that puts it into the category "First Public WG Note":

  http://xrl.us/bk67r
  http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=fpwg-note-tr

Open that page and look at the list of radio buttons just below
the "Show steps for first public wg note"; you'll see selected:

  Chartered to be a group Note, never before published, group not closing

That seems to be the correct description of the state this document is in.

>  I couldn't find anything that suggested we needed domain leader approval.

With the above  publication set set, the requirements shown have
us jumping through all the usual FPWD hoops; specifically:

 - The Chair sends a transition request to the Domain Lead(s)
   responsible for the group(s) publishing the document, cc'ing
   w3t-comm@w3.org and chairs@w3.org.

 - The Domain Lead(s) approve the transition request. A Domain
   Lead may ask another Domain Lead (or the CEO or Director) to
   take responsibility for approving the transition request.

>  However, if that is indeed the case, could you take care of that Mike?

Message sent to Chris Lilley for transition approval:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008AprJun/0082.html

Ian, please let me know if you are OK with publishing this on
Friday the 30th or if not, what day we should set on it.

Jules, once we get the OK from Chris, and IanJ also OKs it, please
publish at your convenience.

  --Mike