RE: mailing list for rdf:text, namespace use

+1 to the list.

I assumed (and it seems, correctly [1]) that RDF just used xml:lang to serialize "rdf:text". Which kind of gives me pause here.

The problem is that xml:lang is metadata within an XML document. It can be applied to elements other than "text" (although the meaning with non-string datatypes is, at best, difficult to discern). Have you considered just making it a general purpose facet or set of facets? That might be more in keeping with the design of RDF in general. Using it with (say) an integer is kind of silly (but then, so would 'fractionDigits' or possibly 'maxLength')...

Addison

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-syntax-grammar-20040210/#section-Syntax-languages

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126