Re: w3photo image-regions vocabulary, w3.org namespace

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> CC'ing Sandro and Ivan
>
> Ref: #swig and #semsol chat yesterday [1][2].
>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Sandro suggested another attempt to make the w3photo/image-regions
> vocabulary[3] available at [4]. We somehow missed to complete the
> process back then, but there seems to be some demand again, maybe
> I'll manage to even get the w3photo data up again this year, if I
> find some collaborators.

It would be great to keep this alive, yes.

> The last related mail I could find is archived at [5]. We had the
> agreement of all vocab contributors. An RDF/XML version is available
> at [6], we should maybe tweak it a bit and align it with today's
> better practices (e.g. get rid of the inverses, maybe also of the
> hasPropertyOf pattern, but only if that doesn't complicate the
> publishing process. I'd have to check with Morten which terms he
> has been using already, those should be kept stable).

The word "of" in property names is pretty ugly imho, and "has" is
redundant, so those changes get my support.

The original collaboration was pretty SWIG-y and public-process so I'm
more than happy to see the vocab published under SWIG's umbrella. I look
to W3C team for advice on any IP/copyright issues there, eg. what if
anything we want to collect from those who participated in the original
design discussions.

cheers,

Dan