RE: suggested wording for HTML WG charter about canvas and immediate mode graphics?

Chris, I got the impression from our discussion yesterday
that you forgot about this thread.

Our action is still open:

  ACTION-38
  Chairs to review need for amending charter with Director
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/38

Doug has been noodling in this area lately; Doug, do you
have anything you want to show Chris yet?

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 17:35 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 15:22 -0800, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Sorry, question wasn't clear.
> >
> > Actually, NO, I don't think the charter should be amended; I DO think a revised charter
> > should be reviewed;
>
> I don't understand the difference. The process for amending the charter,
> as I understand it, is to send a revised charter to the membership
> for review.
>
> Again:
>
> "Should a revised charter be reviewed by the W3C membership per section
> 5.3 Modification of an Activity of the W3C Process document?"
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tactics-gapi-canvas/results#xq2
>
> >  if the WG is to take on this work, however, I believe it must be
> > in the charter.
>
> OK, what words do you want in the charter?
>
> >   I would prefer immediate-mode 2D graphics to be part of the graphics effort.
>
> Even in that case, there would be some words in the HTML WG charter
> about the relationship to the graphics effort.
>
> If you'd like to propose wording for the charter of something in the
> graphics effort, that would help too.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E