Unsubscribing from W3C lists (off-list, was: Re: [OFF] Get Out)

On 7 Jan 2008, at 19:45, Justin Ryan wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008 7:29 AM, Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us> wrote:
>>
>> Adriano Laurindo wrote:
>>> Hi, how i can get out of this discussion list?
>>
>> Send an email message to www-style-request@w3.org with the subject
>> "unsubscribe". The process is described at
>> <http://www.w3.org/Mail/Request#unsubscribe>.
>>

> It is often considered good form for lists to have this info at the
> bottom of each message.  It may be required by law in some places, and
> some network providers tie UCE-driven RFCs to AUP policies.
>
> Is there a good reason the w3c list(s) don't do this?

Disclaimer: I'm unaffiliated with the W3C, so this represents my own
view.

On any email that comes from a W3C mailing list, it has a List-
Unsubscribe header included — it is therefore up to the email client
in question to provide a user interface for this (which several do).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>