Re: @headers issue resolved - allowing a td to be referenced by a header to be in the HTMl5 spec.

Julian Reschke wrote:

> James Graham wrote:
>> The decision making process in the charter specifically documents how
>> to break that cycle. The first requirement is to demonstrate that
>> there is a need to do so.
>
> I think it was pretty clear that there was a need to.
>
> The discussion had been going on for a long time, and there was no
> visible progress on it. So it appears to me that the chairs were right
> in trying to get progress on this issue.

In this case the feedback cycle looked like this

Initial draft -- Lots and lots of feedback -- New draft including @headers --
More feedback

It's not clear to me why making a decision now before the second "redraft" stage
of the cycle makes sense. It would make more sense if the editor had made a
change, people were still unhappy, but felt that they had already presented all
their arguments. If there is a real need to speed up the redrafing of this
section, I think it is possible to ask the editor to prioritize it; as far as I
am aware that has not occurred.