Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

+cc ralph, dan

Ben Adida wrote:
> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> Also, in this case, the prefix cc is actually more persistent than the
>> URI, since Creative Commons has changed the namespace URI of its RDF
>> vocabulary without changing the canonical prefix (from
>> http://web.resource.org/cc/ to http://creativecommons.org/ns#).
>
> Highly misleading statement, since we are also creating equivalences
> between the old and new namespace. That's the power of RDF.
>
> I'm pretty sure you know this, of course, so I'm confused by your
> arguments. This is not exactly an honest discussion where you're trying
> to tease out the truth, it's more a discussion where you're looking for
> excuses to kill the proposal.

Ben,

I see no evidence that Henri wants to mislead. Please don't put things
down to dishonesty that are equally well explained in terms of
miscommunication, lack of shared context, and different (perhaps
unarticulated) assumptions.

> Yet another reason why I'm reluctant to invest the time necessary to put
> together the full proposal.

That's a shame. When AC Reps come to review the finished HTML5 product
from the HTML WG, it would be good to have had a solid RDFa-in-HTML5
proposal out there for discussion. Hopefully HTML5 will have a mechanism
for including RDFa; if not, many will want to know why. If anything is
clear from the current discussion, it is that we collectively lack a
shared perspective on how within-the-Web-page data and metadata should
work. Having a written down proposal is important - let me know how I
can help.

Also, we have a small army of people signed up to help W3C get an HTML5
spec out the door; see
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=40318&public=1
   385 group participants,
   385 in good standing,
   74 participants from 23 organizations
   311 Invited Experts

I'm sure a small group of these could be assembled to discuss an
RDFa-for-HTML5 proposal, should one be made.

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/