RE: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Bonner, Matt wrote:

> Obviously not my decision, by any means. I'm new to the HTMLWG myself. I
> can say from what I've observed, that the process steps have been pretty
> consistent:
>
> 1. show web author/reader demand
> 2. distill the scenarios into a few key use cases
> 3. offer a proposal
> 4. respond to feedback & adjust proposal accordingly
> 5. if successful, become part of the spec.

That's exactly the process we have been trying to follow; I'm glad you
have observed us being consistent in this, that's encouraging!

The actual steps are listed explicitly in the WHATWG FAQ:

   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_the_spec.3F