From: Ben Adida [mailto:ben@adida.net]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 10:00 PM
To: Bonner, Matt
Cc: Ian Hickson; Dan Brickley; Kristof Zelechovski; Tab Atkins Jr.; Henri
Sivonen; www-archive@w3.org
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Bonner, Matt wrote:
> Well, for example, HTML5 provides the data-* attributes. Could ccREL
> use those instead?

As mentioned in my previous email and by others, that really doesn't fit
the definition of the data-* attributes, and it's sub-optimal from the
point of view that this is highly HTML5-specific, which would break with
our established work in XHTML1.1.

If HTML5 can tell browsers to ignore data-* attributes, I think it can
probably choose to ignore a few more attributes, right?

-Ben