Re: testing versus expert opinion

On Sep 11, 2007, at 3:52 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Removing public-html from Cc list.
>
> On Sep 11, 2007, at 3:16 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>
>> hi maciej,
>>
>> >Can we please not post out-of-context comments from IRC on the
>> working group list, with the apparent intent of instigating a
>> flamewar?
>>
>> My intention was not to instigate a "flamewar" my intention was to
>> further debate on a legitimate subject.
>
> Asking provocative rhetorical questions on a public mailing list
> based on comments in an external forum is an attack tactic, not a
> legitimate means of debate. Asking people to explain actions taken
> by others they are seen to be associated with is also an attack
> tactic.

By the way, I'd like to add that even though I interpreted your email
as a needless attack, I have found your testing in this area to be
extremely informative and helpful, enough to change my previously held
opinions. I hope you continue your valuable contributions along those
lines, and perhaps react more positively in the future when you
actually succeed in persuading people.

Sincerely,
Maciej