Re: NEW ISSUE: NO default charset

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:27:54 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Related to this, is anybody aware of any progress in revising RFC3023? I
> thought there was consensus years ago that the text/*+xml defaulting
> needs to be revised...

I believe that the plan to "solve" the issue is to simply deprecate
text/xml and maybe likewise for text/*+xml. Personally I think text/xml
should be just made equivalent to application/xml. I haven't read much
about progress on 3023bis though. It comes up now and then on the various
XML related lists the W3C has, but not lately as far as I can tell.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>