Re: HTML tidy service (and non-latin/utf-8 pages)

Le mercredi 19 septembre 2007 à 15:57 +0100, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> Dmitry Baranovskiy wrote:
> Hmm... how unfortunate... let's see... looking at the source...
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2000/tidy-svc/
>
> I see some changes in November 2005 around latin-1 and utf-8...
> I'm not able to see at a glance exactly how they work, but
> they seem to look at the charset of the source document...

> >                 the result:
> > http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/tidy?docAddr=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sup.com%2Fmanagement.html
>
> Ugh... what a mess. Odd... firefox says it's UTF-8, but clearly
> it got mangled somehow, even with the "force XML" option set.

The bug was that the script was making a case-sensitive comparison when
looking at the charset; I've fixed that in the public service, and
updated the version published in dev.w3.org as a result.

http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/tidy?docAddr=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sup.com%
2Fmanagement.html now outputs what it should.

Dom