Re: Request to publish "Enabling Read Access for Web Resources" as W3C WD

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:48:10 +0200
To: Jules Clement-Ripoche <jules@w3.org>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, webreq@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>

On Monday, October 1, 2007, 3:40:24 PM, Jules wrote:

JCR> Hi Anne,

JCR> I've just checked your document. It seems in pretty good shape and
JCR> almost ready to go for publication. The only small mistake I see so far
JCR> is a "::before" pseudo-element in the stylesheet [1].
JCR> [1]
JCR> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/Overview.html

What makes you say that is an error?

  7.4. The ::before and ::after pseudo-elements

  The ::before and ::after pseudo-elements can be used to describe
  generated content before or after an element's content. They are
  explained in CSS 2.1 [CSS21].
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-selectors-20051215/#gen-content

Remember that CSS has no versioning, and thus the CSS validator results
should be taken with a grain of salt.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead