Re: offline stuff

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:59:04 +0100, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> I'm ashamed to say that if there is a circular dependency involving
>> offline, it isn't obvious to this reader, and I would greatly
>> appreciate it some kind soul would point it out.
>
> Search for "manifest" throughout the specification and look at the fifth
> paragraph of the second subsection of #offline which is quite explicit
> about this. I guess I shouldn't be shocked by people not reading the
> specification, but when asking specific questions like this it would
> sort of help to first check, I think.

raise Exception("Rudeness")

> (It is also not clear to me why not having an answer to this question in
> any way delays your review of the introductory note Ian and I wrote.)

I was going to look into this further, but as you seem to be in a hurry,
I guess the following will have to do:

     No.  SQL and offline application caching APIs would clearly be
     a good thing; my only issue is the scope question.  Please
     treat this answer as if it were "yes, but only if the charter
     was modified first".

- Sam Ruby