Re: Literal slashes in javascript: IRIs

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> That's one possibility, but it would be much more useful if the specs
> for IRIs/URIs actually suited the original and most common use case--use
> in HTML href attributes--without definitional preprocessing gymnastics.

I'd say that the specs are just fine; they just do not work well for
something that pretends to be a URI but isn't.

The way "javascript:" is used inside HTML hrefs has *nothing* to do with
resource identification.

The most honest way to go forward would be just to acknowledge this, and
to document it in HTML5.

BR, Julian