Re: HTML syntax (offlist)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:25:27 +0100, Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz> wrote:
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> There is no "the one syntax"
>>
>> But there could be ...... *if* there's not already.
>
> In XHTML you want to be allowed to write markup like this:
>
>   <h:html xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
>
> For obvious reasons this doesn't work in HTML.

I never said that everyone should write like this. And I never expected
to write lke that and use it in HTML.

> In HTML you want to write markup like this:
>
>   <script>
>    if(x<y) alert("<danger>")
>   </script>
>
> For obvious reasons this doens't work in XHTML. Restricting either one
> so that in theory you can copy and paste between them doesn't seem
> worth it.

Yeah, sorry I didn't get what you were referring to. If you had
mentioned <![CDATA[ I would have go t it :-)

<script type="text/javascript">
    <![CDATA[

        var FO_logo = { movie:"swf/logo.swf", width:"100%",
height:"100%", majorversion:"6", build:"0", wmode:"transparent",
salign:"tl" };
        UFO.create(FO_logo, "logo");

    ]]>
</script>