Re: Support Existing Content

On 5/2/07, Gareth Hay <gazhay@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is my view, and I haven't read anything to come close to altering my
> view. I also /believe/ this to be true of the other side of the argument.
> since the other side is browser vendors and the people who have been
> 'driving hmtl' for decades, I am clearly wrong.

I do not participate in the development of any browser, nor have I
been 'driving html for decades,' and yet I strongly believe that HTML5
should define interoperable error handling & support existing content,
and that browsers shouldn't inundate end users with parse errors.
Please consider the possibility that those who disagree with you
aren't all members of some kind of vast, browser-wing conspiracy.

--
Edward O'Connor