Re: GRDDL Going to Last Call

You've had the typing idea for a while, but you need a

1) concrete mechanism that the WG agrees on - and at least one needs to
be suggested asap.
2) a use-case and text to be added to use-case document
3) text changes to the spec

I'm not pressing for it since I don't see what typing buys you besides
less processing done on the client side, and currently client-side
processing power is pretty cheap. However, I do think it's a generally
elegant idea if 1) can be done and found.

Re the javascript case,  there is no reason why an agent has to run
every transform if it can't process it. A RDFa/hGRDDL javascript agent
would run only those transforms it can, so for XHTML->RDFa hGRDDL, it
would run only those. We do not require the agent to run all transforms,
just run those it is equipped to, and we strongly recommend it run at
least XSLT 1.0, which I guess your hGRDDL/RDFa agent wouldn't do.

--
		-harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin 6B522426