Re: [whatwg] Xiph.Org Statement Regarding the HTML5 Draft and the Ogg Codec Set

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:

> > It would make no sense to require a different baseline audio codec for
> > the non-sfx use case for <audio> than was required for <video>.)
>
> Of course it would make sense.  People use their Web pages to put up
> music all the time, much more often than for sound FX.  They aren't
> gonna upload files tens of megabytes in size for each song!

Please carefully reread what I wrote -- I didn't suggest that people
should use uncompressed PCM/WAVE data for background music, I merely
suggested that the compressed audio codec for <audio> should be the same
as the one for <video>.