Re: [css3-selectors] Namespace name lookup mechanisms

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:31:04 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>Misnamed, hah! The current definition assumes case-sensitive as it doesn't
>say anything about it. I guess that could be clearer somehow once
>Selectors has a better algorithm for it.

That's not how I would read it. The prefixes in the selector do not have
a defined case while the string passed to the function does, so the im-
plementation would have to transform between the two and since the spec
does not place any constraints on this process, I would assume that any
transformation is compliant, so for x|y you can get 'x' or 'X'.