Re: [css3-selectors] Namespace name lookup mechanisms

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:27:46 +0200
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:12:51 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
wrote:
>   * http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-selectors-api-20060926/ - the mis-
>     named "Selectors API" draft defines that implementations must pass
>     the prefixes in the selector to a function implemented by the user,
>     but does not define how to handle case diferences either, though
>     it assumes in some examples that the case of the prefix is retained
>     or that prefixes are converted to lower-case.

Misnamed, hah! The current definition assumes case-sensitive as it doesn't
say anything about it. I guess that could be clearer somehow once
Selectors has a better algorithm for it.

Regarding naming, I suggested "DOM Selectors" but people thought it should
be "DOM Level 3 Selectors" which I also sort of agreed with up to the
point where it would have to look similar and use the same conventions. At
that point it became "Selectors API" again.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>