Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 subtree or XML Fragment body

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:20:43 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

* Karl Dubost wrote:
>Though I'm not a big fan of 76 characters lines which breaks awfully
>in long threads or in the fact that do not resize if I decide to have
>a small window in my mailer.

Yes, mail user agents are typically not smart enough to determine how to
re-format e-mails, that is precisely why you should stick to some ~76
characters limit. If I'd like to respond to one of your exceedingly long
lines, I would have to manually wrap the text so you get

  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde
  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde
  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde
  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde
  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde

and not

  > abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde abcde

Maybe my client should be smart enough to handle this, but then so
should be yours.