Re: Charters for review

On Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 4:49:58 PM, Dean wrote:

DJ> I liked David's suggestion that the group consider deliverables with
DJ> smaller increments, although I understand what Ian says about this
DJ> being difficult. It still might be possible to develop an HTML
DJ> specification with the minimum set of new features.

Triage into the ones that have consensus and implementation momentum,
and the ones that don't, will be helpful here. Early tests are also
helpful.

DJ> The development of the test suite is another matter, but I would
DJ> expect that the majority of it arrives after CR.

Which implies that you think that CR can be exited with a small set
of tests?

In my view, the ideal time for a few tests is when a new feature is
proposed; more tests as it is developed (yes, that means frequent test
revisions) and thus, by the time that feature is in a spec entering
CR, there should already be a reasonable number of tests, to prove
independent implementability.

Making more tests after CR, to move the test suite to more of a
conformance suite, is helpful, but there needs to be sufficient tests
available during CR.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead