Re: [Httplib2-discuss] trying to cache wikipedia pages

On 4/19/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> If I implement max-stale, any chance you'll reconsider that
> design decision? Or will I have to maintain a fork?

I will accept a patch to incorporate max-stale. You're timing
is impeccable since I just today discovered a situation where
I may need max-stale myself :)

> Any suggestions on getting wikipedia to change their caching
> policy? Seems to me that no cache-control header at all
> is The Right Thing for them, no?

Given how rapidly I've seen their pages changes when
a topic is hot I'm not so sure what their caching
policy should be.

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org