photo ap challenge (was RE: [w3photo] Yay Greg!!)

Just by way of a heads up,
coming out of the Interaction Design and Semantic Web workshop, there
is first the JoDI special issue and then a follow up workshop.

Lynda Hardman has proposed the idea of a call for design prototypes
for the JoDI issue - where a possible prize might be offered.

Jim Hendler suggested that the next workshop focus on semantic web
photo aps, reusing the web photo archive.

I'm thinking there's a nice, two tiered-ness here:

that we put out a call for prototypes matching a specific criteria
(not unlike the way the semantic web challenge has done) and that
these be presented as design documents/mockups, possibly cognitive
walkthroughs for a series of functions that have to be included
(based on what we're learning we need from Greg's ap).

The results make the community aware of what folks are thinking of,
and perhaps inspire collaborations for new ways of using the data;
new types of applications.

Then, by the time the next web conference rolls around, we have the
challenge with respect to finished aps.

For this to be of value to the research community, both parts - the
design phase and the implementation phase (i know they're iterative
but just for context) should have some good questions/problems
associated with them that the challengers can address.

Thoughts/feedback welcome.

mc