Re: [w3photo] community "ranking" of images

Excellent! It's an rdf vocabulary! very cool.

My thinking is a -1 thru +5 scale.

-1 = offensive
0 = null, nada, irrelevant
+1 = weak
+2 = just under average
+3 = above average
+4 = good
+5 = great!

database will track each person vote per photo; must be logged-in to
vote.

any image marked with -1 is immediately pulled from being seen and
reviewed

It might also be a certain number of people must rank and image +3 or
higher for it to be included in any distributions of the repository.

Greg

On May 13, 2004, at 5:11 PM, Morten Frederiksen wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 15:42, Greg Elin wrote:
>> The idea is to use community ranking of images along the lines of
>> slashdot and kuroshin. As a part of commenting/annotating photos,
>> logged in users can rank a photo on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 to 10?).   A
>> person can only rank a photo once. Users can select the rank of photos
>> they want to browse. The default would be just above halfway point on
>> the scale.
> May I suggest using Danny Ayers'  review vocabulary for assigning the
> ranks:
> http://www.purl.org/stuff/rev#
>

> It's a scale from 1 to 10, with associated reviewer, and already
> seeing some
> use out there. I'm using it at foaf.dk/hosting for amazon's reviews,
> and i've
> recently started using it for exactly the purpose at hand: Photos.
>
> How to use the ranking is a different matter, but I think a
> group/aggregated
> approach coupled with trust would be very interesting.
>

> Regards,
> Morten
> Body: unsubscribe
>
> Help