Re: more text / Trust bipolar decision or continuum

From: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:13:35 +0100
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: <phayes@ihmc.us>, <www-archive@w3.org>

Hi Jeremy,

> Note my section 4 is there mainly for Pat to trash and start over.
>
> I tend to think that an approach which permits you to trust (yes/no) a
> number of named graphs of your choice gets close to the continuum approach
> that is clearly a more accurate model of how people operate. e.g. as my
> level of paranoia goes up I will trust fewer graphs. This is then
reflected
> in a classic logic with just t/f

No, I didn't mean that more paranoid people just trust fewer graphs, this is
still the easy case :-)
I meant, that an agent trust graph A more than graph B, e.g. he descides to
trust graph A with a trust value of 0.8 on some trust scale and graph B with
a value of 0.4.

I think, we should at least teoretically be open to this kind of stuff.

Chris