Re: Named graphs etc

>Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>>Just to de-lurk, yes this all makes sense. One technique that I
>>believe to be deployable (even if a pragmatic hack) is PGP signing
>>RDF files.
>>For eg see http://usefulinc.com/foaf/signingFoafFiles
>>
>>PGP only assures that the file hasn't been changed since the signer
>>interacted with it, doesn't assure that the signer asserts it. My
>>working guess is that, if the doc itself claims that the signer is
>>its creator, that is enough to bootstrap the claim that the signer
>>asserts
>>the triples encoded in the rdf/xml. Potentially tenuous but I can't
>>think of how else to roll this stuff out...
>>
>>Dan
>>

>My guess is that with only a little bit of common practice to that
>effect, that this would stand up in a court of law. A digital
>signature is a pretty heavy duty device and is already understood as
>the analog of a written signature - and if the RDF stacks up as
>saying affirmed by Jeremy and I have digitally signed it as Jeremy,
>I think I would have a hard time trying to repudiate it.
>
>Jeremy (not digitally signed, not affirmed, take it or leave it!)

Just to prove Patrick wrong, I hereby assert the contents of the above emails.

Pat

PS. Jeremy, surely you knew what you were doing when you formed a
group with two people named 'Patrick' in it? Right?
IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell