Re: Named graphs etc

Dan Brickley wrote:

> Just to de-lurk, yes this all makes sense. One technique that I believe
> to be deployable (even if a pragmatic hack) is PGP signing RDF files.
> For eg see http://usefulinc.com/foaf/signingFoafFiles
>
> PGP only assures that the file hasn't been changed since the signer
> interacted with it, doesn't assure that the signer asserts it. My
> working guess is that, if the doc itself claims that the signer is its
> creator, that is enough to bootstrap the claim that the signer asserts
> the triples encoded in the rdf/xml. Potentially tenuous but I can't
> think of how else to roll this stuff out...
>
> Dan

My guess is that with only a little bit of common practice to that effect,
that this would stand up in a court of law. A digital signature is a pretty
heavy duty device and is already understood as the analog of a written
signature - and if the RDF stacks up as saying affirmed by Jeremy and I
have digitally signed it as Jeremy, I think I would have a hard time trying
to repudiate it.

Jeremy (not digitally signed, not affirmed, take it or leave it!)