[w3photo] General update

I haven't posted to the list much this week, but I have been joining in
Tuesday and Wednesday's IRC chat.

My sense is things are going well. Decisions are getting made, and we
have the servers, ontology, and sample RDF in place in order to put
online the first version of the repository. I think that can happen
today and tomorrow.

Let's catch up with ourselves. Let's use today/tomorrow to organize
what we have on the servers and update wiki pages.  Things are moving
so rapidly, in fact, I don't think the documentation has caught up with
the decisions! I'll do some updating of documents and facilitating.  I
propose everyone hold off any "new" ideas to this and table any
outstanding issues until next week.  We are spread out around the
world. Let's pull what we've together...and give everyone a chance to
wake up and get caught up with this overly productive group.

If some decision was made, but seems to have gotten dropped out, please
note it to yourself (or send a message off list) and then next week
will look at what is online and what the outstanding and missed, etc.

Thanks!

Greg Elin

P.S. Over the past couple of days Jim Ley, Morten, Libby, and Masahide
have really narrowed down issues related to the RDF for describing an
annotated area of the image.  Correct me if I am incorrect, but I think
enough work has been done that what needs to happen next is a
cross-referencing and checking specific details?  I know that Jim and
Morten wanted to see how their stuff would synch up with Jen Golbeck's.
  I've been working at fixing Fotonotes to work with these ideas.