Re: [w3photo] Meetings about image vocabulary/combining vocabs

From: Fotonotes <info@fotonotes.net>
Date: Tue Jan 20, 2004  8:43:51  AM America/New_York

It would be better for me if we could have the meeting regarding parts
of images on Wed and discuss the sample RDF today at 1600 GMT.

I am in some meetings today and don't know if I can make the 1600 GMT.
If that is the best for image discussion...go for it.

I'd like to suggest as strongly as possible that we make decisions for
a first cut at things by Wed/Thursday.  This first cut will be just
that...what we use to assemble a first iteration of the repository. I
think the elements of this first cut are:

-  100+ images or so from our own collections
- one CC license
- Fotonotes interface to annotate parts with revised fields (3-4) to
enter some structured information
- An advanced interface for adding RDF (etc) information to the image
overall
- AKTive space viewing for browsing all images
- Jim Hendler's stuff as the first "alternative" interface.

I see this first cut lasting between 2 and 4 weeks.  So we can all live
with it a bit and then see what we need to change/improve.

But let's pull together a "first draft" version of everything this
week. That gives us until Feb 5 to play with before having the
repository live.

(This project is going great, everyone! Thanks!)

best,

Greg