Re: [w3photo] RDF and ID's

This is helpful, Masaka, thanks. I think I will try and solve my
specific
and urgent problem by first storing the information in Fotonotes'
simplified
XML format and then add the code to generate(translate) that source to
RDF conforming to our proposed vocabularies.  The parsing of the RDF
represents significantly more work than the generation, and as long
as Fotonotes produces compliant RDF, it shouldn't matter what else
happens
prior internally.

Also, I read a few of the links and I think I'm understanding Libby's
point after I
really started thinking of things from the point of view of databases.
Libby said:
 >>  I guess it's a modelling question. Here we have said that the image
has
 >> a part and that part is a thing of type rectangle. which is
reasonable,
 >> I think. The 'hasPart property connects the Image and the Rectangular
 >> part of the image.

The properties map to the predicate part of the triple, so...
<image>  (the subject, which itself is an "object" in the general sense
of a member of class)

	<haspart> (predicate, property, attribute)

			<rectangle> (the object of the statement about the subject)

"Objects", which are the *values* of the property can be scalars or
other objects.

So... the example,
>   <foaf:Image
> rdf:about='http://www94.web.cern.ch/WWW94/Images/ClosingPanel/
> Closingpanel5.gif'>
>    <image:width>535</image:width>
>    <image:height>367</image:height>
>    <image:hasPart>
>     <image:Rectangle rdf:ID='p1'>
>      <image:points>6,106 84,181</image:points>
>      <dc:description>Joseph Hardin looking interested</dc:description>
>      <image:regionDepicts>
>       <foaf:Person>
>         <foaf:name>Joseph Hardin</foaf:name>

Is read as:
<foaf:image> <width> "535"
<foaf:image> <height> "367"
<foaf:image> <hasPart> <image:Rectangle p1>
  <image:Rectangle p1> <image:points> "6,106 84,181"
  <image:Rectangle p1>  <dc:description>Joseph Hardin looking
interested</dc:description>
<image:Rectangle p1>  <image:regionDepicts> <foaf:Person>
<foaf:Person> <foaf:name>"Joseph Hardin"

Is read as (in more plain English):
image [has] width 535
image [has] height 367
image hasPart Rectangle(ID P1)
Rectangle(ID P1) [has] image-points 6,106 84,181
Rectangle(ID P1) [has] Dublin Core description "Joseph Hardin looking
interested"
Rectangle(ID P1) image region depicts [a] foaf:person
foaf:person [has] foaf:name "Joseph Hardin"

Is that right?

Greg