Re: overlength version

Pat Hayes wrote:

>> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>

>>> This is now the submitted version (the PDF is one I have downloaded
>>> from the site, after having uploaded it)
>>

>> Another one.
>>
>> Changes are mainly trivial; the most significant changes are 1
>> substantive change to Pat's text in section 2, and wording alignments
>> between sections 2 and 6.2 (also Pat's text).
>>
>> Acknowledgements now fit.
>>
>> The substantive change is that the old text talked about
>> interpretations of named graphs, and said that if I satisfies g then
>> I(name(g)) = g; I don't believe we interpret named graphs at all,
>> merely the graphs (or a merge thereof) within the named graphs.
>

> I don't understand this at all.  (Named graphs are graphs with names,
> right?)  But....

A simple example was in 6.2 where you had an interpretation I of a
(named) graph g, I now have an interpretation I of rdfgraph(ng),
conforming with the naming, [where ng is a Named Graph], it is slightly
more precise (and hence uglier). A similar point in section 2 seemed to
me to be more of a change than a clarification.

>>  Hence I have changed this to say that an interpretation conforms
>> with a set of named graphs N if for every ng in N then I(name(ng)) = ng.
>

> .... as far as I can see this amounts to the same thing, so I have no
> problem with that change.

OK - we can discuss this later, but the modifications stands in the
submitted text.

>> I have followed Chris's suggestion and capitalized Named Graph
>> throughout, but personally I find it ugly.
>

> Me too.  Maybe it looks better in German than in English.

Again we can postpone discussion of this.

> Pat

I am now not expecting to make any further mods.

Jeremy