Re: Named graphs next draft

Sorry for disappearing over the long weekend (holidays, family, travel,
and all those sorts of distractions... ;-)

On Apr 08, 2004, at 16:38, ext Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The Semantic Web consists of many RDF graphs named by URIs.

"named by" -> "nameable by"

I.e. the SW also includes alot of unnamed graphs...

> This
> paper extends the syntax and semantics of RDF to cover such
> collections of Named Graphs.

"to cover such collections of Named Graphs" -> "to cover such Named
Graphs"

I think the term 'collections' may be too loaded. Better to state
it more generally.

> This enables RDF statements that
> describe graphs, which is beneficial in many Semantic Web
> application areas. As a case study, we explore the application
> area of Semantic Web publishing: Named Graphs allow publishers to
> communicate assertional intent, and to sign their graphs;
> information consumers can evaluate specific graphs using
> task-specific trust policies, and act on information from those
> named graphs that they accept. Graphs are trusted depending on:
> their content; information about the graph; and the task the user
> is performing. The extension of RDF to Named Graphs provides a
> formally defined framework which could be used as a foundation for
> the Semantic Web trust layer.

I like the rest.

> Is the last sentence to ambitious?

It doesn't seem so to me.

> We could also write:
>
> This provides a foundation for information consumers to subjectively
> evaluate the trustworthiness of information found on the Semantic Web
> using
> a formally defined framework.

I like the first version above better.

Patrick