Re: atx

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:15:20 -0600
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

Karl Dubost wrote:
> How you will deal with internationalization?

How do french speakers typically write ``Hello, World!'' in email? If
they use French double quotes, then they should continue to use them.
The conversion is mainly there because American double quotes are very
difficult to type on American keyboards. (The same is true, I suspect,
for the commonwealth.)

> the thing I do not see, is that what you propose is a kind of "text to
> html2" language. And there's a lot of that already.
>
> What's new?

None of them are very good. I want something good enough to replace
HTML and XML for writers.
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com/]