Re: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27. (off list)

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 17:25, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >> I expect that similar normalizers will work on xmlns attributes, with
> >> or without blessing of the specification,
> >
> > But the heart of the matter is whether normalization happens
> > with the blessing of the specification or not.
>
> No, the heart of the matter is whether the XML Namespaces specification
> has the authority to say that normalization is not allowed, which is
> what the text currently says because it is over-specifying the matter.
>
> I provided the text

sigh... trudge thru archives... you clearly know what text
you're talking about; is it so much trouble to give me a
pointer? or at least a date from a mail message?

I don't see it in mail from you to www-tag this month.
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/author.html
More clues?

And this is the second time you've replied to my requests
for an example without providing one.

If your position, to wit...

"it is because the namespaces draft cannot declare them
to be different because a normalizer has every right (and in some cases
a responsibility) to normalize those URIs before the namespace processor
even sees them.
  -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0124.html

... has any merit, then there must be examples.
I'm starting to doubt it.