Re: Copyright of DOM Tests

At 12:57 6/8/2001, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>please have a look at these documents and what position we should
>adopt:
>
>DOMTS Process Document (section 6 Ownership)
>http://www.w3.org/2001/03/DOMConformanceTS-Process-20010316
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2001Jun/0057.html

In instances where we used a submission as the basis of our own work we used
the following text:

   Declaration of [Submitter]

   [Submitter] hereby grants to the W3C, a perpetual,
   nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide right and license under any
   [Submitter] copyrights in this contribution to copy, publish and
   distribute the contribution, as well as a right and license of the
   same scope to any derivative works prepared by the W3C and based on,
   or incorporating all or part of the contribution. [Submitter]
   further agrees that any derivative works of this contribution prepared
   by the W3C shall be solely owned by the W3C.

This permits someone to make deriviatives with their own tests, but once
it's part the W3C, that is owned by W3C and solely governed by that license
(which doesn't permit changes/derivatives.)