Re: [question] about annotea

At 04:04 PM 7/8/2003 +0900, =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?x9S/tbDm?= wrote:
>I want to construct ontology on annotea server and annotate document or
>html to metadata using this ontology and annotea client tool(ex: amaya).
>Or, Can I define or modify ontology using amaya?

Annotea server accepts annotations basically with any properties. The
client user interfaces I have seen may only present some of them to the
user or let user create an annotation with only some properties.

With Amaya client it is possible to define new annotation types with RDF
schema (as we did ourselves in http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotationType#)
and and also tell Amaya to read this new schema, which changes the
annotation types available in the user interface.

Amaya loads the schemas listed in Amaya/config/annot.schemas. You can tell
Amaya to read more RDF schema files in the following way:
Add line to the end of annot.schemas to read from local file:
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/MyTypes# $THOTDIR/config/mytypes.rdf
Or if you want to read them from Web add:
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/MyTypes#

What we would like to have is some kind of profile definition telling what
are the core properties for certain applications and then a ui definition
language telling how we would like to present them (like gss for IsaViz)
without needing to program the client each time new types are added. Also
nicer user interfaces for defining new annotation types would be needed (as
well as new bookmark or reply types). But cannot promise when we get there
unless we get some help.

Marja