Re: Annotea's context property

"Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.30.0301262115510.8589-100000@tux.w3.org...

> in the protocol document [1] all the examples for context use a literal as
> its value. The schema doesn't specify any domain or range.
>
> In my annotools I used an rdf:resource as the object, on the basis that it
> was going to be an Xpointer or a URI. The ZAnnot server is returning this
as
> if it were a literal.

This changed between the old and new protocol, it's the one area of concern
I have with the new protocol, context seems problematical, I still want to
be able to annotate svg/raster images via my RDF img parts (like hte RDF
generated in http://jibbering.com/svg/annotateimage.html - example:
http://jibbering.com/rdfsvg/example.rdf ) which makes for the context to be
a lot more complicated object than is really expressable in a literal.  I've
been trying to think of an alternative suggestion, but not come up with one.

> And what do implementations expect?

I don't distinguish between literal/resource, if they smell the same they're
used the same.

Jim.