Re: Amaya strangeness too Re: ZAnnot server and Windows

Well, I think I understand one bit of wierdness - the server isn't returning
a context, or at least not always. But there are other oddities noted
below...

(I can't tell which are Amaya and which are ZAnnot and whether any are due to
the annotools. More testing required :(

cheers

Chaals

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Jose Kahan wrote:

>Charles,
>
>On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 12:57:46AM -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>
>> I next annotated http://www.example.org using the ruby annopost and tried to
>> load the annotation in Amaya. It told me there was an orphan annotation, and
>> then couldn't load it because it couldn't find annotest.w3.org (which must be
>> hard-coded in there somewhere, because I haven't put it in any config stuff.
>
>Your bug report is incomplete. As you're using your ruby tools, can you
>copy the result of your query? I can't help you much without that.
>
>If it says orphan annotation it means that your XPointer was invalid or
>obsolete.

My annotation posted was on the document as a whole, got a 200 OK response
from the server and appeared as a normal annotation in the server. When Amaya
got to the page it went looking for an annotation server I had never asked it
to look for. (This is the wierdest thing that happened)

Testing it on a unix system does something a little less odd - it finds the
annotation, (I made one using http://www.w3.org/ as an external body) but in
trying to load it I get the following body

[[
406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /Overview.var could
not be found on this server.
Available variants:
Overview.html , type text/html, charset utf-8
]]

?!?!

>> Finally, I cannot delete my username - in the configuration box for Annotea
>> User I keep deleting it and Amaya keeps putting it back.
>
>Do you mean Annotations rather than Annotea?

Yep.

>That works for me. Did you press the "Apply" button? What are the
>access rights on your ~/.amaya/thot.rc file?

I think I did. This is on a windows system, using a default amaya 7.1 release
install. The oddd thing is it updates the servers when I change them without
a problem - it just keeps putting back a username when I delete it. (I can't
find a log of requests on the Zope server, and I don't have my windows
machine handy to look at now - I will check these again later.

My unix Amaya 7.1 (release distribution of source compiled under fink on Mac
OS X) keeps proposing a username too.