Re: Absolute positions, Amaya scroll bars and other problems

Irene, I am sorry not to have been clear. When I wrote "scroll bar" I
meant the scroll bar that Amaya normally opens in the page view if the
window that Amaya is displaying the page in is too small. (e.g. if you
split the page horizontally and show the source code). Normally Amaya
opens scroll bars with no problem (well, at least for me) - but not for
the example I sent you... I guess that the calculation of the page size
does not take into account absolute positioning. Please would you try it
on your reference system.

Yes, I realise that the code in the example is truly awful, that is why
I am editing it with Amaya to remove this sort of ridiculous HTML. I
hope to convert it mostly to CSS with DIVS, but that is a lot of work.
Unfortunately I am stuck with many, many pages with absolute
co-ordinates which I would prefer to edit with Amaya rather (but be able
to see what the page contains) than a text editor. That is why I would
prefer Amaya to be able to display the existing pages to me.

Ray