Re: Simple Questions for Newbie (Background Page Image)

RickinRSM a écrit ce qui suit, le 03/10/08 08:45 :
> 10/2/2008 11:40 pm PDT
>
> I've tried all of the suggestions here. I searched an studied the HTML and
> CSS tutorials and examples.
>
> This is my latest. No errors detected.

>       "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> <head>
> <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="New1.css" />
> </head>

body.
> All I get is a line of color acroos the top of the page.
>
> Here is my New1.css . . .
>

>   font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
>   font-style: normal;
>   font-weight:normal;
>   text-decoration: none;
>   color: Black;
>   background-color: Black;
>   background-image: url(D:/RealEstate/XSite/TestSplash.jpg);
> background-repeat: repeat-y;
>   background-attachment: scroll;
>   background-position: center;
>
> What am I doin wrong?

Do you mean
body { font-fam...
... center;} ? Otherwise, this is no CSS. CSS clauses have to be ABOUT
something (body for example).

Then, supposing you had a body, supposing your CSS did indeed read
body{...}, it seems queer to write in black ("color:...") on black
("background-color:...").

Finally, if you never wrote html and css, you should test step by step:
first
At that stage, do not bother with xml, DOCTYPE, DTD and the like. (Mind
the fact that html is less demanding than xhtml.) If "Hello World !" is
red;} in the css file to see if "Hello World !" becomes red. When you
are sure to control everything, syntax of html and css, correct path of
the css file (begin with everything in the same directory to make it
simple), et cetera (and that you corrected possible mistakes in what I
wrote), you could begin experimenting with body{background-image:
--

Amitiés, Dominique,
dominique@meeus-d.be, +32 (473) 61 31 75, http://www.meeus-d.be/