BUG: £ converted into £,   converted into ~

[copy to the list since I'd inadvertently replied directly to B H-L]

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> John Stumbles wrote:
>
>> Is Amaya supposed to do this (is the &escape; syntax now deprecated -
>> I'm a bit out of touch with current HTML standards in which case how
>> should I get pound signs and non-breaking spaces that render properly on
>> a web browser?
>
> The &escape; syntax is not deprecated:
---8<--- snip ---8<---

OK thanks, it seems that this is a bug then.

I've noticed that if I have split view of rendered (WYSIWYG) and source
and make a change in the rendered pane then as soon as I click in the
source pane any &pound; escapes change to £ characters. (In my original
post I said this only happened when I saved the document.)

This is a major PITA for pages where I want to use the pound sign and
have it rendered properly.

What puzzles me is that this looks like behaviour designed-in to Amaya,
and I'm wondering what it could possibly be designed to acheive?

--
John Stumbles                                       http://yaph.org.uk